.

.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Nekromantic & Nekromantik 2 (1987 & 1991)


A horror/art film set directed by Jorg Buttgereit.
A man on a corpse clean-up crew brings his work home with him as an aphrodisiac for his girlfriend. She leaves him and he kills himself. He is later dug up by another woman for the same purpose that he was using corpses for.
I saw death, gore and sex. In my mind, they don't mix well. I could go for sex with blood in any amount, but this was too gross. The first film was more senseless gore and corpses than the other. The second film was more of an art piece, with peaceful outdoor settings and better music. The characters and plot are a non-issue here, as they were a minor part of the films in question. I think that the style was very unique and emphasized the gruesome details. These films clearly achieved what they set out for, and for that, I commend them. However, it wasn't what I wanted to see. I'm rating it o.k. for the execution being balanced with the execution (if you get my drift).

No comments:

Post a Comment