.

.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Coffee and Cigarettes (2003)


An art film by Jim Jarmusch, starring Steve Buscemi, Bill Murray, Iggy Pop, Jack White, Meg White, GZA and RZA.
A series of short scenes is shown in which small groups of characters meet and the topics of coffee and cigarettes always come up in their conversation. Most of the characters drink coffee and smoke cigarettes.
The premise is a cool idea, but I don't think that it was executed as well as it could have been. All of the characters seemed very uncomfortable, except for RZA and GZA when talking to Bill Murray. By the way, what a great cast for a scene! It was my favorite part. If I had been in charge, I would have put someone with alternative methods of administering drugs in one of the scenes, like someone who uses chewing tobacco and drinks soda, just to throw a monkey wrench in the works. I thought it was cool, but not quite as cool as it could have been. I'm rating it adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment