.

.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Passion of the Christ (2004)


An action film by Mel Gibson.
The final 12 hours of Jesus' life are shown. He is punished by being beaten, scourged, mocked and made to wear a crown of thorns. He is then sentenced to crucifixion and crucified.
I was cheering the whole time: "Hit him again!" "YES!" "More blood!". Obviously, I enjoyed this film. However, the manner of my enjoyment is probably not as was intended for viewers. The Roman guards all played great roles and looked like they were really into torturing Jesus. My favorite scene was the scourging, as it was clearly the most violent. I'm rating this awesome because we all know that the Christian version of Jesus never existed. It's merely a re-telling of a very old story.

No comments:

Post a Comment