.

.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Astronaut Farmer (2006)


A drama by Michael Polish, starring Billy Bob Thornton and Bruce Willis.
A farmer builds a rocket to go into space.
Seeing Billy Bob Thornton playing a sober role is strange to me. He made such a reputation with Bad Santa that it's a little bit strange to see him without a bottle of whiskey in his hand. The behavior of the government that is pictured in the film is strange as well. There's no way that they would allow this guy to construct and launch a rocket. The part about them denying that he launched is way accurate though. Another strange coincidence, the main character was a farmer whose last name was Farmer. Just a little odd. Overall, something about this film doesn't sit right with me. Other than weird observations, I liked the plot and characters. The style was pretty standard and I thought the pace was right. I'm rating it adequate because it was somewhat entertaining and interesting. I wish that I could pinpoint the strangeness and have an explanation for it, but I'm stumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment