.

.

Monday, September 5, 2011

High Tension (2003)


A horror directed by Alexandre Aja.
A pair of young women on break from school stay at one of their parents' houses. During the night, a serial killer enters, slays the parents and kidnaps the girl. The other girl follows from safe hiding places, trying to rescue her friend.
This film has a very inconclusive ending that brings up questions about who the characters really are. I won't spoil it here because I'm not sure if I completely understand it myself. The style is very dark, as is the setting (it all happens at night). This picture is being used because it depicts the coolest weapon in the film, a stake wrapped in barbed wire. Fuck the concrete saw, this is way more brutal! If you like gory and intense films, this may be a good one for you. I'm rating it good because it reflects the title very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment