.

.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989)


A science fiction directed by Shinya Tsukamoto.
Metal takes over people's bodies as they fight, fuck and feed. While this is going on, stop motion animation and fast camera-work fight the forces of logic and reason.
The audio was in Japanese with English subtitles and the video was in black and white.
check out: is that the power dong from "Dead Leaves"?
I was told to watch this movie because it's crazy and I have no doubts about that fact. The type of crazy involved, however, is what is in question. I prefer the "psychedelic spiritual journey" type of crazy over the "low budget how shocking can we make it" type of crazy. I'm giving this an o.k. because the level of insanity is correct, but the type is not compatible with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment