.

.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Fright Night (1985)

An American horror written and directed by Tom Holland, starring Chris Sarandon and Roddy McDowall.
A teenager seeks the aid of a movie star when he learns that his new neighbor is a vampire.
This was alright, pretty stereotypical of '80s horror. The plot held my interest, despite being exactly what I would expect from the time and genre. I like that time and genre, so it was fine by me. The characters fit those stereotypical roles of '80s films. We had the straight man hero, his girlfriend and the wacky sidekick, along with the washed up film star and charismatic vampire. You will recognize Prince Humperdink from The Princess Bride (1987) as the vampire. The role that interested me most was Jonathan Stark as Billy Cole. His character had few lines, but conveyed a sense of impending doom and menace very well. The video was pretty standard, just showing what was happening without too many creative shots. The special effects were handled quite well. They let you know the fantasy element of this horror film without going over the top. Audio was good because I could hear what everyone was saying and the music was at correct levels. Overall, a pretty decent '80s horror flick. I rate it adequate. You might want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment