.

.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

The White Diamond (2004)

A documentary directed by Werner Herzog.
An aeronautical engineer has built an airship which he is trying to fly over a waterfall and rainforest canopy. On his previous attempt, the cinematographer was killed by an airship crash.
This was alright. Everything made sense with the plot working in a linear fashion. There were some interruptions to fill in back-story, but these were minimal. The technical aspects were good. I could hear and see everything clearly. I wasn't really blown away by anything standing out as unique or creative. There was one thing that I found funny. The engineer is talking about a jetpack in the beginning and it reminded me of the interview scene from The Royal Tenenbaums. "Wild Cat... pchew". Overall, a decent, standard documentary. I rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment