.

.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Mother (2009)

A South Korean crime drama directed by Bong Joon-ho.
An old woman's son is accused of murder and imprisoned. She does her own detective work to prove his innocence.
This was really strange in that way that only Asian cinema can be. The plot barely held my attention and I think the characters were a tad stereotypical. The technical aspects were fine and everything made sense. There were some moments that really stood out to me. The mother hiding in her son's friend's closet while he has sex with his girlfriend was one. Another was the mother's meeting with the junk collector toward the end. These moments were the strange ones that caught my attention. Oh, and in the beginning, the mother feeds her son while he pees on a wall while waiting for the bus. Overall, not a great movie, but it had it's odd moments. I rate this o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment