.

.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Miracle on 1st Street (2007)


A Korean comedy drama by Yoon Je-kyoon.
A real estate gangster is sent to a poor neighborhood to evict the tenants there. He meets an aspiring boxer with a dying father, 2 poor children with a dying grandfather and a boy who wants to fly. He makes friends with these people instead of evicting them and runs into trouble with the real estate gang because of this.
Now this is what I'm talking about! I like Korean films because the people in them have lives as fucked up as mine. The plot and characters were great and there was almost no happy ending. The style was typical of films like this. Hence, becoming a non-issue. My favorite characters were the poor children because they reminded me of my childhood. I didn't have to steal tomatoes, but they acted in a similar way. I'm rating this awesome because I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment