.

.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Straight Time (1978)


A crime film directed by Ulu Grosbard, starring Dustin Hoffman and Gary Busey.
A career criminal gets out of jail after 6 years. He gets a place to live, a job and a girlfriend. When the parole officer comes by, he finds a pack of burnt matches and locks the guy up again. Once the man's drug tests come back clean, he is picked up by the parole officer and on the way to a half way house, he kicks the parole officer out of the car, handcuffs him to a fence and pulls down his pants. Now a fugitive on the run, the man turns back to his old ways of criminal activities.
This was fun to watch. What ends up happening to Gary Busey was SO COOL! Obviously, things didn't go well for Gary if I describe it like that, as I hate him almost as much as Christopher Walken. The main character is developed very well and I liked the plot. The style didn't really stand out to me, but that was o.k. I'm rating this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment