.

.

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Man Who Would Be King (1975)


An adventure directed by John Huston, starring Sean Connery and Michael Caine.
2 Freemasonic English men travel to Afghanistan to become kings. They succeed in uniting the land and rising in status for a while, but nothing lasts forever.
Apparently, this is supposed to be some type of "hidden in plain view" masonic symbolism film. I didn't see it. There were some mentions of the craft and some symbols, but nothing to make me say "wow! That's it!". It must have been too obvious. What I did see was a cool adventure with a 300 ending "This god bleeds!". Yeah, I spoiled it, but that needed to be done. I thought that the guys having a hard time with their journey was the best part, aside from Sean Connery's voice. There's something about Sean Connery talking that entertains me. I'm rating this as a good adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment