.

.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Valley of the Dolls (1967)


A tragedy directed by Mark Robson, starring Sharon Tate.
A young woman moves from the country to New York City and gets a job in an office. One day, a client sees her and recruits her as a model. She then joins the ranks of the pill popping, booze guzzling drama queens.
The characters fit the plot very well and the style and production value were decent for the date. Films about addiction are so much better when they involve successful people whose profession encourages such behavior. I don't think that the dolls = pills analogy was pushed hard enough, as it was only mentioned a few times. If dolls refers to the women, then this definitely was true. I believe that it was meant to serve both functions. I'm rating this adequate. My rating system isn't very accurate anymore, due to the number of films that I've rated. Sometimes I just whip out the rating in haste or rate things worse because I'm tired of watching them or reviewing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment