.

.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Apocalypse Now (1979)


A war film by Francis Ford Coppola.
A Vietnam veteran goes back into the jungle to eliminate a rogue soldier who has gone insane.
There is also a Redux version of this film. The version that I saw was 3 hours and 13 minutes. The original is just under 3 hours and Redux is over 3 and a half hours. This leaves me with the question: "What did I watch?". That confusion aside, the plot and characters were alright, but a little predictable by today's standards. I thought the style was good, but there was just too much "army guys in the jungle" for too long. Really, I got bored and wanted it to end. I'm rating it o.k. because it's good, but too long. Finding a decent picture was way difficult. I don't even like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment