.

.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

brick (2005)


a mystery directed by rian johnson
ever seen a film noir? imagine that, only modern with high school kids. a girl is murdered, bad drug deals are made, drug dealer is searched out by the "detective". it's a pretty standard plot from the 1920s.
video was excellent, but they overdid the whisper-blast technique. I had to turn up the sound to hear dialogue, only to be blown away by sound effects and music. maybe I should get a compressor for my computer.
I'm giving this a bad review because high school is not the place for a murder-mystery. I don't want to hear modern kids calling the cops "bulls" and use other film noir elements in a 2005 high school setting. unless you're a high school student who likes film noir, DON'T WATCH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment