.

.

Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Great Mouse Detective (1986)

An American Disney animated mystery directed by Ron Clements, Burny Mattinson, Dave Michener and John Musker, starring Vincent Price and Frank Welker.
A rat criminal overlord has abducted the mechanic father of a small mouse child. A mouse man returning from a journey finds the child and they meet up with a Sherlock Holmes style detective. As the case unravels, it turns out that the rat is using the child's father to build a machine which will kill the detective and a robotic replacement for the mouse queen so he can rule the city.
This is the best and most coherent detective film I have ever seen. Maybe my brain works in a different way from live action detective films. The only one that made sense to me was Sin City (2005). I liked that the animation was classic Disney style and there were only 3 musical style songs, none of which were the "heartstring" style. There was an equal amount of humor and suspense. I'm rating this awesome because when it finished, I wanted to reset and watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment