.

.

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982)

An American comedy film noir directed by Carl Reiner, starring Steve Martin.
A detective investigates the case of a woman whose father has been killed.
What makes this film unique is the use of clips from old detective movies. It was all done in that 1940s style and the old clips fit seamlessly in among the new footage. Some of the humor was funny. I think my favorite joke was the detective making coffee. There was also a running gag of him getting shot in the same location. The only other thing to note is Steve Martin with black hair. Other than what I mentioned, it was pretty mediocre. I rate this o.k.
Yes, I'm back to short reviews because writing about every film element for every movie was extremely boring for me and probably for the reader as well. Also, I'm only writing about films that I actually have something to say about.

No comments:

Post a Comment