.

.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner (2007)

An American documentary directed by Charles de Lauzirika.
The plot is no secret: the making of Blade Runner.
In a "making of" documentary, I'm really looking for 1 thing: does it make me want to watch the movie that it's about? This did. 3 and a half hours is a little bit much for anyone who doesn't love the original film or who isn't into filmmaking. I watched the original a long time ago and remember not being impressed, but I am very into filmmaking. The information density was very high and the interviews were revealing. Almost everyone who worked on the film was interviewed about each stage of production. Most of them were only filmed with one camera placement, but what they said illustrated the story very well. The troubles that Blade Runner encountered on its way from concept to final product were large, nearly insurmountable. What I liked most was the special effects section. That's what I would really like to do, so it was cool to hear from people who made those things happen in a science fiction film of such renown. Audio was all very good. I could tell the microphones were placed properly and the resulting audio was mixed correctly. IMDb has this rated at 8.3/10 and Rotten Tomatoes has 92% audience score for an average of 87.5%. A high B+ seems appropriate because I really liked the depth and found it interesting, but it didn't blow me away and make me shout "YAHOO!". I rate this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment