.

.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

O.J.: Made in America (2016)

An American documentary directed by Ezra Edelman.
The eventful life story of football star, actor and possible murderer, Orenthal James Simpson is told.
Going into this, I thought it would all be about sports and bore me to tears. Almost 8 hours of video later, I quite liked it. The subject matter ranged from Simpson excelling at sports to beating his wife. It also included information about the problems of race and law enforcement that were going on at that time. It addressed the concept of what happens when a black man becomes famous in a white society. I think that this context and variety are what made the film great. The interviews were expertly done, with good audio and video. Choices of interviewees focused mainly on the central characters of the events, but included outsiders like jurors, family members, co-workers and fans. There were replayed television sections including commercials starring Simpson and the infamously long court case. Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised that it held my attention through the duration. I'll rate this good. Watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment