.

.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Stand (1994)


An adventure directed by Mick Garris, written by Stephen King, starring Molly Ringwald and Rob Lowe.
A military designed super-flu kills most people in America. The few survivors who are immune have dreams about an old black woman and a dark man. Each of these characters draws survivors to them. Seriously, it's just to complex to sum up in a paragraph.
I had just finished reading the book when I watched the film. Obviously, the book is better and the film had some serious changes. I was going to catalog these differences, but that would not be practical. Some of the changes were small and didn't really matter all that much. Some of the changes were huge (like missing characters or whole scenes) and did matter. No book has ever been translated perfectly onto film and I didn't expect this one to be. They got it relatively close and at just over 6 hours, I think they did the best they could. I'm rating it adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment