.

.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Martyrs (2008)


A horror by Pascal Laugier.
A girl escapes from a place where she was physically abused. 15 years later, she goes to the home of the people who abused her and kills them and their children with a shotgun. Her friend is summoned via telephone and they begin to clean up the bodies. The abused girl then commits suicide and the friend finds another abuse victim in the basement. A team of thugs shows up and the new abused girl is shot and the friend takes her place.
I know, complex plot, but well worth it. This film is very bloody and abrasive. The style conveys this very well. I watched an English dubbed version and the voice acting was terrible, but I could see through that to the unique film underneath. My only unanswered question is what were they feeding the imprisoned girls? It looks like mustard, but they obviously made it in a blender. It obviously tastes bad as well, like mustard would. If I was looking for girls to be martyrs, I would use more drugs and less physical abuse. Hence, why I suspect that there was some type of mind altering chemical in the mustard gruel. Mustard gruel aside, I really liked this and it's going into my collection. I have to rate it best.

No comments:

Post a Comment