.

.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reefer Madness (1938)


A crime film directed by Louis Gasnier.
High school students are lured to a drug dealer's apartment and become involved in a series of murders.
When I think about this film, I always remember that Hemp for Victory came out in 1942. The same thing that is shown driving people crazy is what the army needs for clothing, sails, rope, etc... They had to dramatize this film in order to demonize cannabis. If they had shown what really happens when people are stoned, it would have been a very boring film consisting of smoking, eating and sleeping. Hippies passing out on couches doesn't demonize cannabis like the filmmakers wanted. I believe that I've found the origin of "Hollywood bullshit"! I'm rating it crap because it was boring and ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment