.

.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Ready Player One (2018)

An American science fiction directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Ben Mendelsohn and Simon Pegg.
A young man plays a virtual reality video game and makes friends there. The creator of the game has left 3 hidden keys that combine to grant their finder ownership of the game. There is a corporation out to find the keys as well.
This was a fun movie to watch. If you're looking for deep plot, complex characters and artsy production, this is not it. If you're looking to watch pop culture characters mix and mingle in CG, this is definitely what you want. The '80s and '90s references made this even better to me because I knew exactly what was being referenced, had watched it, played it and had the toys. The CG being less realistic and more like a video game was appropriate for the plot. The male lead and his team fit the tradition of video games perfectly. A soundtrack of '80s hard rock and glam metal seemed a good fit to me. If you are around 30-40 years old when I post this, you will appreciate the references as much as I did and I would recommend watching it. Younger viewers would miss too much of where stuff came from. I rate this awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment