.

.

Friday, January 24, 2020

Batteries Not Included A.K.A. *batteries not included (1987)

An American science fiction comedy directed by Matthew Robbins, starring Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy.
People who live in an old building over a cafe are being pressured to move out. Real estate agents have hired Latino gangsters to chase them out of the building. Robotic aliens arrive and begin helping the occupants by fixing things.
Classic '80s flair. The plot held my interest and the characters were dynamic. If I were to pick someone to greet aliens, it would be Faye (the old woman). Video looked good and I could hear everything on the audio. Special effects looked like a combination of physical effects and green screen. When the robot was on the counter in the diner (image), it was clearly composited, but other scenes looked like props on wires. I rate this awesome because it has that late '80s style that I like so much. Watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment