.

.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi A.K.A. 13 Hours (2016)

An American war (excuse me, peace keeping) film directed by Michael Bay.
American soldiers in Libya fight against Libyans.
Total crap. Love and war are my 2 least favorite film subjects. They are limited like blues music: no matter who is doing it or when, it's exactly the same. This had extreme audio problems on top of that. It seemed like the only microphones on set were attached to gun muzzles. The actors whispered and mumbled through their dialogue and then BLAM! KAPOW! AAAAAAAHHH! shooting and shouting. I thought I heard one guy call another "Snotface" Drop Dead Fred (1991), another was talking about a holodeck (Star Trek) and someone said something about "could be using a cell phone to guitar recordings". I previously mentioned that video is generally better in post-2000 films, but I must add that audio is generally worse. In fact, there was nothing good about this except the misheard dialogue. I rate it bad because even though there was nothing good about it, I've seen much worse. Don't watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment