.

.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

12 Monkeys A.K.A. Twelve Monkeys (1995)

An American science fiction directed by Terry Gilliam, starring Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt and Christopher Plummer.
A man from the future is sent back into the past to gather information about a disease which kills many people. He meets a psychiatrist there who tries to help him.
I don't know whether I really like or hate this movie, but it's nowhere in between. The plot holds my attention (I've seen it a few times before) and the characters are developed some. Video looks good, with excellent shot variety and uncommon angles. The audio on the version I just watched was a little low, but nothing major. It's not an identifiable film element which makes me question whether I hate it. All of that is done really well. It may be that I watched it in a bad situation of some kind the first time. Brad Pitt's acting in this made me want to see a late 1990s film with him and Johnny Depp. Just one of those strange thoughts. I give this a weird pink rating because I can't decide whether it's best or worst. You should probably read some other reviews if you're deciding whether to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment