.

.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Clash of the Titans (1981)

A British American fantasy directed by Desmond Davis, starring Laurence Olivier, Maggie Smith, Burgess Meredith and Ursula Andress, with visual effects by Ray Harryhausen.
Perseus has adventures trying to appease the gods, kill monsters and win the beautiful princess. He does have a magic sword, shield talking mechanical owl and flying horse, though.
Classic fantasy flick. I thought the plot was a little convoluted and not presented clearly enough. Possibly, there were too many side-quests, maybe there were too many characters. Casting did a great job. If you're interested, look up the actors listed. I just finished watching Hook (1991) with Maggie Smith as old Wendy. I prefer Harryhausen stop motion miniatures over CG monsters any day. I know they look quaint to most people, but they are not a clearly computer-generated item in a live action setting. There was a real item photographed, so it looks more like it belongs there to me. I rate this adequate because it's worth having and watching, but not one of my favorites.
As a side note, I made my friend a vase with figures from this movie on it: http://pccsm.blogspot.com/2018/12/calyx-krater.html

No comments:

Post a Comment