.

.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Caddyshack (1980)

An American comedy directed by Harold Ramis, starring Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield and Bill Murray.
A young man works as a caddy at a golf course. Some players are holding a match for lots of money and the groundskeeper is hunting a gopher.
No, I will not be writing here about Caddyshack 2. It's a pile of crap. The stars I listed are the reason to watch this movie. Chevy Chase plays Ty Webb, who is into the metaphysics of golf and makes a sound like an effect from The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman. Rodney Dangerfield plays Al Czervik, who is loud and extroverted. Bill Murray is the sub-human groundskeeper who literally smokes grass and uses explosives to hunt the gopher. His scene destroying flowers is priceless. Since nothing can be perfect, the version I have of this has some of the worst audio I have ever heard. Dialogue is almost non-existant on the waveform and music is so loud that it clips the meter limits. I know because I looked at it to make sure. More cropped images... My aunt once cropped a photo I took from 16:9 to 9:16. That's the type of people cropping movie images. I rate this good and should really get a new copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment