.

.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

A Clockwork Orange (1971)

A British American crime film written by Anthony Burgess, directed by Stanley Kubrick, starring Malcolm McDowell and Patrick Magee.
A young criminal goes around causing chaos with his friends until being caught and imprisoned. From prison, he goes to a research hospital and is subjected to a new technique to "make him good". He is then released and tormented by his previous victims.
I feel like I've written about this before. Malcolm McDowell is one of the 2 best parts of this film. The other is the music of Wendy Carlos. I would strongly advise viewing my post about Caligula (1979) and that film after reading and watching this one because he plays the same role in both films. Reading the book is a little difficult. The heavy use of Nadsat language requires having the Nadsat glossary open as well as the narrative. It is nearly impossible to figure out word meanings by context. This is one of those famous classic films that everyone spouts about for good reason. You can read everyone else's spouting if that's what you want. I would rather watch it than read praise of it. I rate it best. Watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment