.

.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Amores perros (2000)

A Mexican crime drama directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, starring Gael Garcia Bernal and Adriana Barraza.
Various people and groups were present at a car accident. Their stories are shown leading up to it and afterward. A young man and his friend were into dog fighting, a model was switching husbands and a poor man has many dogs.
This is one of the movies that I saw a long time ago, have a copy of and never ended up writing about. The plot was complex, but clearly presented. It also made me care what happened next. There were lots of characters, but they were developed and most of them changed. I cared what happened to them as well. Everything sounded fine, but I was reading subtitles most of the duration anyway. They were not so quick and thick as to divert my attention from the video elements. There was a lot of handheld camera, but it looked professional, like Breaking Bad. I really liked this and got into it the first time I saw it, but rewatching after so many years did not pull me in as much. I rate it good. You should probably watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment