.

.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

5 Card Stud (1968)

An American western mystery directed by Henry Hathaway, starring Dean Martin and Robert Mitchum.
A card game goes terribly wrong when a man is lynched for cheating. Men from the game are being found strangled and there is a new preacher in town.
Pretty cool. I haven't seen many western mysteries (if any) and I think the genre cross works well. The plot held my attention and made me want to know what happened next. The characters were cast and acted well. They made me care what happened to them. Video was Technicolor: YES! Audio was mid-range biased and a little gritty, but I could hear everything. There was also an intro/ending song with card game lyrics. There really isn't much to type when a film is made of all working parts. I rate this good. You should probably watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment