.

.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Abduction (2011)

An American action thriller directed by John Singleton, starring Alfred Molina, Jason Isaacs, Maria Bello and Sigourney Weaver.
A young man is being hunted by government agents and spies because of his spy father.
Not very good. Let's start with what other folks thought: paraphrased/compiled
"soulless and incompetent
actual abduction may be preferable to the movie of the same name, but only if your kidnappers don't torture you by forcing you to watch it
Lautner "has the acting chops of Bert from Sesame Street
cringe-worthy dialogue and a wooden leading man
a haggardly slapdash Bourne Identity knockoff"
I was unable to find positive comments. The plot almost held my attention with action sequences. Those were alright, but everything else was terrible. I'm talking fun to mock terrible here. Most of the characters were either cookie cutter or horribly acted. I've seen better acting in TROMA films. What I would like to know is how Sigourney Weaver got roped into this. I wanted her to blow the male and female leads out of the goddamn airlock. I don't have the patience to point out the flaws in every film element on every crappy movie I watch. However, I could hear it, see it and understand the plot. I have to rate this poor because it sucks, but there are so many worse films. Don't watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment