.

.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A Blade in the Dark A.K.A. La casa con la scala nel buio (1983)

An Italian Giallo horror directed by Lamberto Bava.
A musician is working on a film score for a horror film. People start disappearing around his rental house and seem to have been murdered.
Really trashy. The plot failed to hold my attention and I didn't care what happened next or to the characters. One point that was not explained was the reason for all the nudie magazines. Video was alright, but the English dubbing was cited as "some of the worst to be inflicted upon any giallo" (Howarth 2015). It sounded worse than some 1930s films. The soundtrack was pretty creepy and sounded good. It reminded me of the Phenomena (1985) theme, but obviously not as good or long. This film illustrayed many of the reasons why I tend to dislike Italian cinema. I rate it bad. Don't watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment