.

.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

3 from Hell (2019)

An American crime film by Rob Zombie, starring Sid Haig, Bill Moseley and Richard Brake.
In a direct sequel to House of 1000 Corpses (2003) and The Devil's Rejects (2005), Otis and Baby escape from jail with their half brother, Winslow and go to Mexico.
Definitely worth watching. It makes me want to watch the 2 previous films again. This is part of Zombie's Firefly Trilogy (of 4 films?) which also includes The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009). I don't really get that part. The plot of this was as good or better than the 2 previous films in the direct timeline. I like the Otis and Baby characters and adding Richard Brake as their relative makes sense. The video was very Rob Zombie and mostly good. There were a few action scenes with editing cuts which were too fast for my taste, but everything else looked good. I could hear all of the dialogue and the soundtrack was classic rock as I have come to expect. I would really have liked to know this was a sequel before watching because I would have watched the others first. The 2003 film was mostly horror and dark, 2005 added a crime element and this was mostly a crime film with a little horror twist. If you liked the other films of the series, you should watch this. I rate it awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment