.

.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nana (1926)


A drama directed by Jean Renoir.
A failed actress becomes a courtesan and destroys the lives of her boyfriend and herself.
This film uses tinted black and white scenes with text between like Nosferatu. The music is actually good and goes very well with what's happening on screen. I found myself mocking it throughout the duration. An example:
Nana is kicking her servants out of a room. She forces the maid out the door.
Nana: "get out of here, bitch!" She then pushes a man through the doorway.
Man: "steaming cuntwhistles! she kicked me out too!"
One man, Hugon became known as Huge-on flat-hat and another, monsieur mustache. I found it to be pretty entertaining to make fun of, which would probably make real movie buffs want to kick my ass all over the internet. I'm rating it o.k. because the fun I got out of it was in perverting the dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment