.

.

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Don Peyote (2014)

An American adventure directed by Dan Fogler and Michael Canzoniero, starring Dan Fogler and Wallace Shawn (inconceivable!).
A lazy comic book writer is obsessed with conspiracies and smoking pot. He begins trying to make a documentary with a friend, but is easily distracted and gets very lost.
Other critics hate this and say it's pointless, but I thought it was great. The meandering plot reflected the main character's psychological state, as he was not just on drugs, but also going crazy separate from that. The only real character was Dan Fogler and he is presented simply in the beginning, but gains some complexity as the film progresses. I usually like heavy narration and this had that. I would have even liked a little more of it. Camera-work, editing and effects looked good and reflected what was going on in the plot accurately. I think I like this because it's unique and because I'm into the whole conspiracy documentary deal too. I rate this awesome because it was unique and entertaining. Watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment