.

.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

999-9999 (2002)

A Thai horror directed by Peter Manus, produced by Prachya Pinkaew.
Teen students find that if they dial a phone number of all 9s, they can ask for something and have their wish granted. Unfortunately, they die soon after.
This reminded me of another Asian film about mobile phones, but I can't remember it at the moment. The plot and characters were relatively shallow, but the death scenes were bloody and brutal. All of the deaths involved what was wished for, so the fat kid who wished to lose weight had his intestines torn out during his scene, etc... I don't want to spoil those too much because they are the only reason to watch this. Camerawork and editing looked pretty good and fit the story. One of the girls is in a panic and the editing cuts very rapidly as she moves around. I rate this adequate. It held my attention some and was visually appropriate for the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment