.

.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Daria (1997 - 2002)

An American made for TV animated comedy drama by Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis.
An anti-social high school girl makes fun of everything before going to college.
Excuse me? This was a TV staple when I was about the age of the character on the show. The stereotypical characters are mostly why I watched this. The teachers amuse me most of all and Mr. DeMartino is my favorite. The Halloween episode where he makes himself metal dentures cracks me up. "It's a raSSSSSSSSp!". Most of the episodes featured a problem common to high school drama as well as comic relief. The series is very long, with 5 seasons and 2 full length movies. After the first few episodes, the theme song begins to grate on one's nerves. The outro credits feature characters from the show portrayed as well-known figures from history and pop-culture though, so I had to hear that song quite a bit to see them all. Overall, not a bad cartoon. I rate it adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment