.

.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Der Todesking A.K.A. The Death King (1989)

A German horror directed by Jorg Buttgereit.
Various people kill themselves in various ways over the course of a week while a rotting corpse decomposes.
This is a great film for the whole family. Wives and children will really dig it. It was recommended to me by the same person who recommended Necromantik, so I knew what I was in for. There was really no plot and the characters were different in each scene. This character change was necessary because the ones from the last scene died. The style was similar to Necromantik. The pacing was slow to start, but settled into a regular groove eventually. Because I prefer death to come on the field of battle with samurai style honor or in a kung fu battle, I was not impressed. I'll give it a strange pink rating because it's just not for me. It was well made and all, but not what floats my boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment